Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fields of Grace...

I was driving home from choir tonight and decided I needed some quality time alone.

So I pulled over on the side of the road, and walked into this field (was I trespassing? Potentially... but that's beside the point.)

I'm standing in the middle of this giant field. Just me. Every pain, every emotion that I've felt over the last weeks flooded out like a giant tidal wave, and I started to yell. (yes, I trespass in random fields...and I yell in them.)

I yelled about how I've been waiting THREE years.. was I not hurting enough... that He had to give me what I wanted, and then take it all away after barely six weeks? I yelled about my broken, sad heart. About the heaviness that life has had. About how I just want a break. I want something good, for once.

All I hear back is "Job"

When I'm in the depths of despair, the last thing I really want to be reminded of is JOB. I mean, seriously?!!? Give me somebody I've got something on, cause I've got nothing on Job.

And Job 38 starts running through my head.

And I start to cry harder.

WHO AM I?

Who am I to question (yell at?) the God of the Universe of his intentions. Um, I'm a speck of dust on this world.

And I fall on my face in the field (I trespass, yell, and fall on my face in random fields)

And I fall. Broken. In the sweet arms of Jesus. In tears. In surrender.

And I prayed. For forgiveness, and mercy.

I get back in my car, and Matthew West sings through my speakers.

"You're starting over now
Under the sun
You're stepping forward now
A new life has begun
Your new life has begun

An’ there's only grace
There's only love
There's only mercy and believe me…it's enough
Your sins are gone
Without a trace
And there's nothing left now
There's only grace…"

When you're broken, and have no where else to turn.

There's Only Grace

Secured Tightly in His Grip,

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment